Monday, September 25, 2006

Stranglehold

Riding back from a nice evening watching football and eating baked ziti, I flip to the local classic rock station just in time for the Nuge's* absolutely titanic opening salvo to "Stranglehold"** and get to thinking that there might not be another song out there that turns to absolute crap so quickly and sadly.

Other candidates?

*I like some of Ted Nugent's songs. Particularly this one and the Amboy Dukes' "Journey to the Center of the Mind."

**Careful listeners will note this as Kevin Von Erich's ring theme.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't say i know the song, but this might be a good place to point out that the nuge spat on my brother once when he was demonstrating against bowhunting.

jesse said...

I'd say anything by Mike Watt but that's just me.

JBG JBG JBG said...

your brother shoulda shot him in the heart. i bet he'd already recorded stranglehold so i wouldnt have cared much

Anonymous said...

well, hindsight is 20-20. though i guess my brother had about the same idea at the time. cooler heads, sadly, prevailed.

Meaghan said...

I'll never get tired of hearing Dan tell the story of going to a Damn Yankees concert in high school and watching as Ted Nugent fired a flaming arrow into a drum set and then yelled "I'm Ted Fucking Nugent, and we're the Damn Yankees!"

MMA Media Advantage said...

Tobin and I witnessed Nugent live with Damn Yankees (I had free tix from BCN) in '93. The best part was when he shot his guitar with a flaming arrow at the end..