Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's Not Like I Wrote to the Pussycat Dolls or Some Shit

File under: Online Stalking.

Well, it's Tuesday night after all and I just watched my buddy Chris Hansen over at Dateline NBC take down some predators...

So I'm at war with this band I went to see last week. We're at two 'read', i.e. unreplied myspace messages asking them the name of the song that opened their set. You know why I asked them? Because I loved it; I thought it was great; I was singing it to myself all night and I wanted to know if I could buy it or listen to it anywhere. In fact, I told them that. "You guys fucking rocked," I believe I wrote. Why yes, that's exactly what I wrote.

No response. And...again. And...no response. I guess I just don't get that. Would have taken ten seconds to say thanks and tell me the name of the song. Yeah, I know, I don't know their insides. But it still sucks. I wish them mediocrity from here on out.

Signed,
Rupert Pupkin, The King of Comedy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"They are my enemy."

relentlessivanlendl said...

would it be unprofessional to give a link to this enemy?

WoodshedFitness@Gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WoodshedFitness@Gmail.com said...

youre goddamned right, mgb. they are my enemy now.

I mean, what a great way for a small band to build a fan base: ignoring someone who tells you they loved one of your songs. that's smart business.

oh, they'll fail on their own accord, king.

WoodshedFitness@Gmail.com said...

update: i actually did hear back from these guys. and while i think "i am not good with messages" is a pretty ridiculous excuse in 2007, i guess they're not really my enemy anymore.