Saturday, January 06, 2007

The One

You know, you grow up and you learn to play your instrument and you move beyond cheap explications of gumby family dramas, and maybe you even learn to sing a little bit somewhere along the way and I guess you get to forgetting that the one it all started with was Psychocandy.

Thank you for basically everything, Jim and Billy. And feedback and melody. The one before the other, like the chicken made the egg.

I fucking love the Jesus and Mary Chain. I guess smashing that mystery here feels like those endless wonderings on barre chords, open strings, mikes facing amps, goddamn how did they fucking get that sound???

2 comments:

relentlessivanlendl said...

aaaa-men
aaaaaaaaaaaaa-men

miss amy said...

i mean, right? like beyond words right? i still actively play it on freaking cassette and it's glorious always. darklands is more sentimental to me because of its time in my life and because of the words. christ, the words.but psychocandy it's the sound first, then the sound/word merge. they're playing at coachella, which makes me want to go, or at least hope for a tour to follow and pray that it's not all arena-sized.