Friday, January 26, 2007

Eightball By Request

My man the King* handed down the word, so here we go:

1. Crossfit. I've linked this before, I'll do it again. I love these workouts, even if I have to drop poundages by forty, fifty, sometimes sixty percent. Jon and I did the filthy fifty the other day; I was really proud of us for finishing without puking. Check out the overhead squat competition from Thursday's workout. Sick.

2. McMahon vs. Trump. 'the mind...the mind...is weak'

3. Great football. It's been forever since I watched a football game that good, even longer since that stomach-tightening kickoff feeling lasted all 60 minutes. I find it hard nowadays to work myself up to that feeling in front of a national telecast--all that fantasy football verbiage; lines and spreads; fat assholes saying nothing. But this game was worth the wait in every possible way.

4. The Greatest Radio Station of All-Time (except for piece of shit Saint Cal). Thanks to my fiance for the greatest Christmas present ever besides her agreeing to marry me. I mean, look at this. Wow.

5. Saturday mornings. The new best hours. Walks to Whole Foods, Brookline mornings.

6. Cheapo Classics from Borders. I enjoy the Rumsfeld quote in re: The Iliad in the linkes article. Got a combo Odyssey/Iliad the other week; the whole thing was almost too pretty to open.

7. High K, no BB. Nasty. Ben Sheets is fucking awesome. If he pitched in a major market, or if it were 1982 and he had Charlie Moore, Robin Yount, and Gorman Thomas up the middle, he'd be famouser than Amos, though maybe not as famous as Amos Otis.

8. Will the Wolf Survive? Michael Cole should be afraid. Very, very afraid.

4 comments:

relentlessivanlendl said...

what better way to get the weekend going than an eight-ball?

what is a "burpee?"

does XM have non-playoff games? like midde of the season classics? pfft, probably.

"many of you will be surprised by my lavish lifestyle."

WoodshedFitness@Gmail.com said...

yeah last night i was listening to a dodgers game from this past season. i dont think they list those ones.

burpees=combo squat, pushup, and jump.

relentlessivanlendl said...

burpees-> good christ, 50?

relentlessivanlendl said...

ben sheets: 61-69 lifetime.
on an even mediocre team, what, 75-55?